top of page

Support Services

If you or a young person you know are in need of support, the following local and national organisations can help.

Mid Sussex Wellbeing can help you to find local wellbeing information and services.

Support Guide for Parents and Carers

Mental Health

Eating Disorders

Eating disorders are characterised by an unhealthy attitude towards food that causes someone to change their eating habits and behaviour. For help and advice, visit the NHS page on eating disorders.

Support for Eating Disorders



NHS Sussex Partnership

Information and Support on Alcohol, Drugs and Smoking

Local Support

Change Grow Live

National Support

Talk to Frank

Drinkline - a national alcohol helpline, 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am-8pm, weekends 11am-4pm.)

NHS (Alcohol)

NHS (drugs)

NHS Smoke Free

UK Narcotics Anonymous

QUIT (smoking cessation)


If you’re being bullied, you may feel isolated or frightened. You may find it hard to make friends or to talk to people your age. You don’t have to put up with bullying.

Support for dealing with bullying:

Bully Busters

Bullying UK


EACH Education Action Challenging Homophobia



Other Support

The Amaze Compass Card provides discounted fun, leisure and sport for under 25s with special educational needs or disabilities. Amaze also hold the Disability Register for West Sussex, which is used to inform local authorities with regards to service needs.

Safe Places help vulnerable people if they feel scared or at risk while they

are out and about in the community and need support right away. Use the map to find your nearest safe place.

Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust have put together a list of some of the things that you might be experiencing or difficulties you might be having and some tips for how to manage them. The list also includes information for parents and carers.

This website is aimed at ages 11 - 18 years and not all content may be suitable for younger viewers.

The views of any organisations listed on this website are not necessarily those of the Town Council.

bottom of page